Update (August 2016): Not a lot of contribution since I’ve been in law school. I’ve managed to stay somewhat current with technology. I worked full time for about a year on a php gig. I recently did some work on a MEAN app and got familiar with angular and python scripting. I’ve done side work with php for the last 6 years now. If I passed the July 2016 bar I may end up focusing on law, but we shall see.
I graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in information systems. I’m an ISys graduate who actually enjoys developing and I most prefer web applications development. At one point, my job title was ‘software engineer’, but really I avoided being an engineer by switching from Electrical Engineering to information systems in college. Regrettably my academic laziness wasn’t overcome until the end of my sophomore year. I decided to go to law school with the hope that I could find some work that is more directly involved with community. The primary goal: A career that isn’t just staring at a screen from 9-5 while working for someone else. Problem solving and working with people are things I enjoy in my work.
Hopefully there will be at least a thing or two in here someone else can find useful. Use the categories in the sidebar to view my limited stash of knowledge. Since my audience is primarily myself, I tend to throw stuff up fast, hence the enormous amounts of typos and bad page organization. Here’s a list of it all – what I got so far.
Most Recent 15 Posts
- Angular 2 child element attribute not working, use input decorator
- Using php with Angular 2 and Laravel
- TCP versus unix socket sock connection refused failure for php5 fpm and nginx
- Using postfix on linux for sending only outgoing messages
- git permissions error: unable to create temporary sha1 filename ./objects/19: File exists
- Using the mail() function in php with postfix on linux
- jQuery checking if a selector worked or is valid
- gem install rails on VirtualBox Ubuntu guest on a Windows 7 host times out
- Installing newer version of rails on ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala
- Ruby on Rails and Flex using rubyamf association errors
- CSS Vertical Overlapping of floating divs
- PHP and MySQL setup on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
- Prepared statement errors with PHP 5.3 and mysqli. call_user_func_array returns null. Type error?
- Importing an existing folder as a new Eclipse Project
- bash: git-receive-pack: command not found, git-upload-pack